- To search in a subset of topics, click in the search field and select a filter.
- To search for a specific word or phrase, add quotation marks around it (example: "budget column") in the search field.
- To remove highlighting on the search terms in a topic, click .
- To search within a topic, click , press Ctrl+F, and enter the search term.
Budget codes track how much money is committed or spent. You can use them to track amounts for the schedule of values (SOV) in committing contracts, for potential change order items, and for subcontract change orders.
A budget code consists of one or more groups that are linked together. You can create a custom budget code structure with predefined options for each group.
- In the portfolio or project settings, click Record Settings.
- Click Budget.
The budget code structure applies a standard order of groups and separator values to each budget code in the portfolio or project. After you set up the structure, you can edit the options that are available for each budget group.
After a budget item is created, the Use and Show In Code check boxes can't be changed in the structure.
- On the settings menu, click Budget Code Structure.
- Edit the default groups.
- Click the name, and then edit it.
- To change the separator that follows the group, click the Separator field, and then select an option.
The row order determines the group order in the budget code.
The Sample Budget Code under the grid is updated as you select and clear the check boxes.
You can add and edit the options that are available for each budget group. The groups are set up in the budget code structure.
When a budget item is created, an option must be selected from each group that's used for the budget code. Ensure that each group has at least one option so users can create the budget items.
In the portfolio settings, you can export the budget group list to Excel where you can add new items.
- On the settings menu, click Budget Group Lookups.
- Click a group.
- Click Add new.
- Enter the code, and then press the Tab key.
- Enter the description, and then click outside of the field.
- In the group list, click a group.
- Click the code or description of the option, and then edit it.
The budget code is updated for all budgets that use that option.
- Click the option, and then drag it to a different position in the list.
To sort the options alphanumerically, click sort_by_alpha (Sort) on the toolbar.
- On the card, click delete (Remove).
You can delete options that are in use. The deleted options are still linked to the existing items but can't be used for any new items.